Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas Eve!

Merry Christmas Eve everyone!

And happy birthday to my little sister, now all grown up and sharing the joy (?) of working on her birthday AND Christmas. Sometimes I relish those days of old when all I had to do was wonder at night what surprises were going to show up under the tree Christmas morning!
But alas, I am in Japan, surrounded only by co-workers and tomidachi (friends) for the holidays, salivating more than anything for familial hugs (and spats) and Mom's home cooking...

And snow. I wouldn't mind a little snow.

Instead, I am spending Christmas Eve and Christmas Day sharing the magic of Disney Christmas with Japanese guests, and looking forward to magical E-Village parties after work each night. I'm hoping to even make it to early Mass before work tomorrow.

I actually just got back from Christine's Italian Feast of the 7 Fishes Christmas Eve meal and it was amazing! Food, friends, drinks, and some good old-fashioned Muppet Christmas Carol (which is SO MUCH better than the crappy new Disney/Jim Carrey one), might have just made not having oyster stew a little less painful.

It's been a long week, but one more sleep till Christmas, and two sleeps till Christmas on Skype with the family. WOO HOO!

No comments: