Sunday, October 4, 2009

A long day

Well that was a long day.

Not the longest by far, but also not exactly short by any means.

I'm impressed, because I didn't sleep, which when you think about it, is actually quite amazing since I probably only worked a total of 5 hours of the 13 I'll get paid for.

In the other 8 hours today, I:
watched an episode of "Dollhouse",
watched an episode of "Private Practice",
read a couple chapters of "The Fountainhead",
practiced my Japanese,
took yoga,
took ab class,
held court with Destiny on the stairs outside,
ate lunch and dinner and 3 delicious donuts,
read a "Mad Men" article in Vanity Fair,
listened to the new MIKA album I purchased last night,
and still had several hours of nothing but idle conversation to keep me entertained.

This must be what 16 hours on a movie set feels like. A whole lot of waiting around.

No wonder dancers smoke. It's something to do!

Living the dream, baby. Living the dream.

But the funny thing is, I don't mind. Especially since I'm getting overtime for it.

I'd just like to point out that the supposed glitz and the glamour of every day life as an actor is really quite boring. I mean, I basically sat in my dressing room for a good 8 hours, did the exact same thing 3 times, and then spent a good 2 hours rehearsing said thing about 8 times even though I'd previously performed it for an audience 3 times that day.

The joy of a put-in.

But seriously, I'm not in a bad mood because I was the one going through the put-in process a month ago, and that experience feels monstrously overwhelming and under-rehearsed and frightening.

And I don't have to play the drums and tap dance inside a stuffy, 30-pound Mickey head with limited vision.

However, I do get to start learning our Christmas music tomorrow and that makes me VERY happy. Even if it's gonna be hard to sing a full day of music rehearsal and 3 shows after today's epic rehearsal till 1 AM.

And Tuesday? Disney Sea.

Japan's throwing it down and I'm taking it like a champ!

No comments: