Yup, that's right.
I've already been in Japan 3 months. Exactly.
Approximately 92 days. But only 76 blog entries. Clearly I've been slacking this week. Oops.
It's amazing how accustomed I've become to being here. Japan feels so much like home. That it feels like I've been here forever, but also the contradiction that I can't believe I've already been here three months! That's just crazy. I'm over a third of the way through my contract!
And yet sometimes I feel like I haven't done anything, but soon enough a visitor or a friend will comment on my knowledge and adaptation to the culture reminding me that I've actually learned quite a lot. It's remarkable to see my life through someone else's eyes!
Also, I hit the 100-show mark on Thursday, which is pretty cool. Unless you think about the fact that in less than two months I hit 100. But if I were doing five everday, well then I'd be at about 200, so I think I'll take this option.
Beck couldn't believe that I was counting shows, but I'm really just recording it in my planner weekly so that I can count 'em up at the end of the contract! I just happened to notice I was at 99 on Tuesday night... And I mean, this will be my longest run ever by far (current record holder was Willy Rah at 197 with Nerds: The Musical at a close 186), so I wanna get an accurate total show count! The good news is I'm still really enjoying myself...
Of course, I'm a professional, and I get paid for this, so you'd pretty much expect as much.
Part of my failure to update has been a product of these past 3 months. I now have a social circle and friends and commitments at night, as well as late-night Christmas rehearsals and life to take care of. I think it all went downhill when the apartment back in NY started to go awry because I suddenly have had a lot less time to think and sleep, nevertheless blog.
But I'm back. As best I can be.
And to prove it, here are some overdue pics from Disney Sea! You can remember the whole day's recap here.
As I said, I knew the day would be great when I saw Pluto right off the bat!
Evan looks perfect with our Tinkerbell popcorn bucket.
The amazing dragon float of Mythica.
The Cape Cod section of the park, though my Massachusetts friends correctly pointed out this is a tribute to Cape Ann.

Being "dame" on the carousel.

No comments:
Post a Comment