Despite staying up far, far, far too late last night, I managed to get up early and go to the post office to mail off some b-day cards and a check for my roomie. Then, I got to work early so I treated myself to an A&W Cream Soda from Plaza for lunch.
During A-shift, I not only had a delightful hour and a half deep sleep, but I started progress on my hat to complement my scarf, and, by day's end had used 2 skeins of yarn and nearly completed it!
Adam just were on this inspired artistic craze today, him continuing his artwork on his T-shirt and me crocheting away like an old lady at tea time. There's really something magical about Nickel Creek that had us in the zone all morning, and the day only got better when we turned on some good old Frank. The one and only. WOOT.
Then, to make things better, I saved money by making lunch at work, didn't have to go out in the cold, and had some delicious Philadelphia cream cheese on my blueberry Costco muffin. Ah, America, how I miss thee sometimes.
But the day REALLY kicked into high gear when halfway through the 4th show, the orchestra pit lift decided to stop working, and our show was CANCELLED! Seriously. And not 15 minutes later, a decision was made that the 5th show was CANCELLED as well and we were sent home an hour and 15 minutes early! Talk about a gift from up above!
Of course, in true Japanese style, we had to hide our exuberance and joy behind "zane"s (I'm sorry that this happened), and "daijobu"s (It's alright. No problem). Deep down I think everyone was excited to get to go home early, but we had to maintain some respect and show how disappointed we were for the guests.
Aka NOT!
It's Friday night (of my week), we got out of work EARLY, and I got home before the rain with plenty of time to COOK dinner for myself. I mean, that's just fan-frakkin'-tastic!
Oh. And due to the cancel and schedule, I got off easily and didn't have to sing the 2 "All of Me"s for which I was scheduled. I basically got paid today to crochet a hat. Wow.
So I'm in a good mood, even if I have to go into work on my day off, Wednesday. Cuz tonight I'm HUB'bin' it for the face-y Sayonara and celebration of one of our few-and-far-between show cancels.
I will say one thing, however. I think it is quite despicable, deplorable, and straight-up rude to laugh at other people's misfortune. It's why I truly don't believe in comedy that humiliates someone. And today, I found myself reaffirmed in my belief that several of the people I work with are jack@$$es.
See, Joe went to the upstairs hallway to sleep during B-shift, which I did not know. And by the time I was already on the bus starting my commute home, other people suddenly realized the situation and asked if anyone told Joe. And not in the nice, concerned, I-care-about-my-coworkers way.
In the I-really-hope-he-doesn't-know-so-we-can-laugh-at-his-misfortune way.
Which, in my humble opinion, is exceptionally rude. But I'm not surprised. This is my friend, after all, and people don't seem to care what he or I feel or think.
So, after said realization, I asked if anyone would mind texting or calling him to let him know, and of course, that request fell on deaf ears. So suddenly I was stuck, but I had faith in Destiny that she would come to the rescue.
And never fear, rockstar that she is, she did.
But I was disgusted that my co-workers would so nastily want to humiliate and inconvenience someone like that.
And I was really thrown off my rocker when a story was shared about a similar situation when everyone decided to super quietly sneak out of the boys' dressing room and leave someone sleeping unaware of a show cancel. I just can't believe how mean people can be.
But I'm still in a great mood and just heard from my best friend from college. So I'm off to drink away my sorrows!

No comments:
Post a Comment